Often Plan members belong to more than one pension plan over their career as a teacher. When it comes time for you to retire, wouldn’t it be great to have all of your pensionable service in one place. Reciprocal transfer agreements allow for this to happen.
The Teachers' Pension Plan has entered into a number of transfer agreements with other Teachers' Pension Plans. The object of these agreements is to permit a pension plan member to transfer pensionable service from one plan to another when he/she changes employment. Currently, the Nova Scotia Teachers' Pension Plan is party to the Teachers' National Transfer Agreement.
- Teachers' Pension Plan Corporation Newfoundland & Labrador
- Teachers' Superannuation Commission of Prince Edward Island
- Province of Nova Scotia, Nova Scotia Pension Services Corporation
- Province of New Brunswick, Teachers' Pension Plan
- Retraite Québec
- Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan Board
- Manitoba Teachers' Retirement Allowance Fund Board
- Saskatchewan Teachers' Superannuation Commission
- Saskatchewan Teachers' Retirement Plan
- Alberta Teachers' Retirement Fund Board
- British Columbia Pension Corporation
- Canadian Teachers' Federation
Actuarial Methods and Assumptions for each Party to the Agreement
If you want to receive more information on your possible eligibility for a reciprocal transfer of pensionable service, please contact one of our Client Services Consultants.