Get in Touch

1.800.774.5070 (toll free in NS) or 902.424.5070

8 AM to 5 PM, Monday to Friday



Contact Us Contactez-Nous

My Retirement Plan

My Retirement Plan offers active plan members secure access to their personalized pension information online. Members can:

  • View their Annual Member Statement;
  • Use the Pension Projection Tool; and
  • View helpful retirement and financial planning resources.


Learn More Sign In

Your membership begins when you start making contributions to the TPP.

Membership is required as a condition of employment, but there are some exceptions.

The rules of the TPP do not permit the following persons to contribute to the Plan:

  • Someone who has 35 or more years of pensionable service within the TPP
  • Someone who is 71 years of age or older. This is the maximum age the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) permits pension contributions to be made
  • A pensioner who has returned to work for a participating employer and is employed less than the maximum number of days, as stipulated by the employer.

Should you meet one of the conditions listed above, you cannot contribute to the TPP. If your employer inadvertently continues taking contributions, you should contact your Regional Centre for Education or payroll office.

Who is eligible to participate in the TPP membership?

The TPP membership includes employees of the following employers who satisfy the definition of “teacher” under the Education Act:

  • An education entity as defined in the Education Act
  • Nova Scotia Teachers’ Union
  • Public School Administrators Association of Nova Scotia
  • Nova Scotia Community College
  • Atlantic Provinces Special Education Authority (except someone who holds a teacher’s license issued by the Province of New Brunswick and who requests an exemption from the Plan)
  • Canadian Teachers’ Federation

The TPP membership also includes certain employees in the Faculty bargaining unit or the Professional Support bargaining unit of the Nova Scotia Community College.

A teacher who is on secondment, e.g. working for a limited term in the Department of Education or with another organization, continues to be paid by the original employing Regional Centre for Education and contributes to the Teachers' Pension Plan.

For a complete list of employers participating in the TPP, please visit the Employers section of our website.